Saturday, May 31, 2014

Making Mountains Out of Molehills

This week was incredibly stressful for me, I had a major test that I studied a ridiculous amount of hours for, however when I saw the results I was so upset and I felt like I was hit by a bus. Naturally I let it get the best of me, internalized my performance, thought that I stupid, and was sad for about a day or so. However yesterday I discovered a good friend of mine is sick and may require surgery and a friend of mine just lost a loved one that was a major part of his life. Being struck by these situations make me realize that my “problem” was nothing compared to other individuals in my life. Although doing well is important to me, I was making mountains out of molehills.

Today when I woke up I felt immediate gratification for what I do have. I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life including: a wonderful and loving family, my fur child, a loving boyfriend who literally would do anything for me, and the opportunity to live my dream and to become a nurse. Although the week has been tough I really am blessed and so THANKFUL for all of the blessings that I do have in my life. 
                                     This little girl always makes me smile! <3  

  
 
Have you ever made mountains out of molehills? If so what was the situation about?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're keeping things in perspective! But at the same time, I would recommend that you don't sweep your feelings under a rug! I feel like when I do that my feelings just build and build until I have a serious freak out. Acknowledge those feelings, you're justified to have them, and then - like you're doing anyways - have gratitude for the blessings you do have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, I have my little time to vent it out and shed a couple tears but then I look at the situation and realize in retrospect it is not as bad as I made it out to be! :D

    ReplyDelete

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...