Saturday, May 3, 2014

Nip Bad Memories in the Butt

How many of you can remember something from your past that was completely negative? I am sure anyone who is reading this has because we are all human and if someone has never experienced hurt, betrayal, or a broken heart then that is great however it is not realistic. In life we always have a variety of things that are going on and unfortunately the negative memories that we tend to focus on. I was pondering on this recently and I was wondering why this was the case. In my own life personally I have had a variety of things happen to me both positive and negative however all my life I have really vividly remembered the bad memories, detail for detail, such as the month, date, and time of day that the event occurred. I try to think about positive things however the details are not as vivid in my mind, I only have general thoughts of how these positive memories occurred. I believe that this is the case because when something bad happens to us, it hits us in our core and deeply effects our being and who we are.

I think this is absurd and I would rather remember all of the positive memories as opposed to negative ones and that is why I want to nip bad memories in the butt. I am in no way saying that bad memories should never be experienced and repressed because sometimes a great life lesson is learned from a bad memory. Simply if you have a bad memory try not to feed into it and try to remember the joyful memories in your life. Think about moments of joy, love, faith, or accomplishments and the joy that comes with these memories. I would much rather remember the joy of a baby’s birth, the enormous amount of love two people share at a wedding, a thankful prayer to G-d for all of the blessings in life, and the graduation of someone from school or (cough cough) nursing school! Each and every one of these memories are much better than negative ones and by trying to focus the positives of life you will feel so much better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...