Monday, May 19, 2014

Patience is a Virtue- Featured Author

I thought it would be fun to get new voice on my blog from time to time and my friend wanted to share a blog post he wrote awhile back. He has his own blog and it is all about sports, however one post he wrote is a little more personal and he wanted to share it with me as well as you lovely readers!
 
 Patience is a virtue. I know that is a fact with all I have been through. There have many times I wish I can speed up the process or take a short cut to get to my goals quicker. However, I know if I cut corners, things would be temporary and in the long-run fall flat on my face. Things happen for a reason and you should just take what life gives you and make the best of the situation.

I have done that ever since high school. My goal was to go straight to USC after high school. I set my sights on that and didn't want to hear any other options. When I didn't get in, I was heartbroken. I was still determined to get in and I had to be patient. Life gave me an obstacle and I took that challenge and it was probably the best thing for me. I was able to go to community college and met awesome people and professors. It was a good stepping block for me, so once I got in to USC, I was ready. Also, saving a couple of years on loans, that kind of helps too ;)

After USC, it was a struggle finding a job. I applied to where ever and whoever and was getting no where. The only type was really internships. I was at one internship for over a year. People told me I should just let go as it was going no where. I was starting to believe in it but I stuck it out. So far, I was at all of the departments there, was taking their editing classes for free and finally got into the editing side of the company. Then one of my past supervisors said there was an opening for me and I gladly took it. Again, I was patient and let life take me along for the ride. Even though I was starting to lose hope and feel crummy, deep down inside I knew things were going to work out.


Things may take a day, a month, or a year but the things you really want do happen. For getting into my dream school and finding a job took a little over a year but I got there. I know by working hard, and being patient, things do happen. Just go at your pace and don't let outside forces take over you. Things will happen but going too quickly or cutting corners will destroy what you have been working on your entire life.
 

2 comments:

  1. Patience is not my strongest virtue! Thanks for this reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...