Monday, May 26, 2014

A Letter from My Former Self to the Person Who Hurt Me The Most – A Poem

 Get ready for a first on Hidden Treasures of Life! I have a new post that is actually a poem, I have not written a poem since middle school so bear with me! I hope you enjoy it!!

A Letter from My Former Self to the Person Who Hurt Me The Most – A Poem

I used to be jealous of you, now I question why I wanted a life that was not mine to take

I used to want to be just like you, so I changed my appearance to be more like you and realized that it was not me

I used to feel the need to constantly seek your approval, I was longing for your embrace and approval however it never came

I spoke my mind and I got banished for it

Conversations went back and forth constantly saying you loved me when in actuality this statement was always a lie

It ate away for me for years however one day I woke up and realized that you were not in control of my destiny

I control who I allow into my life so I decided to let you go forever, It was hard a first however now it was the best decision I ever made

I now could care less about what is occurring in your life because it is a life that I would never choose and one that I would never want myself

Am I bitter? Of course not because you taught me an important lesson and allowed me to become the person I needed to be

Thank you for that lesson and although I am no longer involved in your life, I wish you the best

 

 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! I think we all need to have a conversation with ourselves like this from time to time. Thank you for sharing. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the poem! Your blog actually inspired me to write one so thanks for the inspiration as well!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...