Monday, May 5, 2014

Dump Toxic People In Your Life

Have you ever had a “friend” who you always wanted to be like? Perhaps you actually used to be friends in the past however through different paths of life you grew apart. Your friendship was so important to you in the past that you would do whatever you could to preserve the friendship. In fact, what if you were so desperate to keep the friendship that you became a completely different person to try to get the attention or approval of this friend?  I am sure every one of us has had this experience and after an exhausting period of time you may have realized that these people do not care about you as much as you thought they did because they have moved on in their lives. These people are toxic to you because they only bring you down. Why would you want to deal with toxic people?

 If you chose to continue to try to seek approval from these people you will only hurt yourself. Feeding into these toxic people is like falling into a vat of quicksand. The faster you thrust around and struggle to become exactly like they want you to be the faster you sink. This is never a way that you want to live, living like this creates a trap where you are reliant on thse people to verify your own personal approval of your existence. Instead of being thrust into the quicksand stop, and look for a vine that goes over the quick sand as soon as you are on the other side cut the vine, you don't need these toxic people following you in your life. This  may seem harsh however once you cut toxic individuals out of your life you will be able to take care of yourself without relying on these toxic people to fill your own being.

I personally have struggled with this concept for years because in the past I have defined my worth based upon what others thought about me however this is not a way to live because I control my perception of myself and only I can define my life. I no longer allow toxic people to control my destiny. Would I ever let these individuals back into my life? Absolutely not because they do nothing to me that helps me enhance my positive growth to become all that I am meant to be. Do I have a grudge against these toxic people? Absolutely not because although I struggled with their approval for years they have taught me a valuable life lesson and I am thankful for it.

I advise if you have any toxic people in your life to cut them out just like I have cut the toxic people out of my life. It will only help you for the better and help you to become an even greater version than you already are!  

A song that explains exactly how I feel about my situation is “Catch My Breath” by Kelly Clarkson and her music video is below. I am so much better with the absence of the toxic people in my life. Have you gotten rid of your toxic individuals yet?
 

 

1 comment:

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...