Friday, June 27, 2014

Reflection

Who do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you see a person that is beautiful? Or do you see a person who is not who you want to be? Unfortunately as women we tend to see all of our flaws instead of our beauty. I hardly ever wear makeup however so many girls feel the need to put on makeup to “hide” their flaws when in actuality the flaws they see, are seen as beautiful to others. As women we need to be perfect and look flawless in our everyday lives because we are expected to do so. If a woman goes out of the house in sweats, no makeup, and her hair up she is thought to not care about her appearance and can be labeled as lazy. On the flip side if guy does the same thing, they are considered sporty or about to workout.  This creates a world where women feel the need to be perfect and this can lead to obsessions about beauty and looking the best they possibly can.

I wish that more women and girls can see themselves for who they really are which is beautiful. We are each created in G-d’s image and G-d does not make mistakes. Despite a person’s build or facial structure, every person is beautiful in their own way. The trouble comes when we look at others and compare their beauty to our own. When we do this we strive to become someone we are not by attempting to become another person. An example in my own life is my curly hair, although I have learned to love it now when I was younger I hated it because most of the time it was frizzy and all over the place. I looked at girls with straight hair and envied their hair because I thought straight hair looked prettier than my curly hair. The funny thing was all of the girls with straight hair envied me for my curly hair! The bottom line is our reflections are often accompanied be self-doubts about our own beauty when in actuality each of us is beautiful in our own way. Every woman I encounter in my life is beautiful, including you who is reading this. We as women need to realize that we are all beautiful no matter what others say or what we think in our own minds while staring in a mirror.
 
 I want to challenge you my reader to see how beautiful you truly are, try to go without make up for a day, then try a week. Without the reliance of makeup you will see that you truly are beautiful and actually don’t need makeup! I am not against makeup I just really want to show you that you are naturally beautiful despite any doubts you may have. The next time you look at your reflection look past all of your insecurities and doubts about your appearance and instead see a person who is absolutely beautiful, and on this earth to fulfill a wonderful mission.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...