Tuesday, July 1, 2014

“Nervous Girls” –Lucy Hale

I recently have been writing about topics such as the question of why mean girls exist, reflections of how we see ourselves, and being our own worst enemies. Over the weekend I bought Lucy Hale’s CD- Road Between and one powerful song spoke to my soul about all of the above topics. This song is truly a remarkable song called “Nervous Girls”. The song talks about the girl who doubts herself despite everyone else thinking she has everything, and it talks about the girl who thinks she is worthless because she compares herself to others and doubts the talents that she does have. There are other scenarios in the song such as a girl giving her heart up and getting heart broken, the practice of spreading rumors to hurt others, eating disorders, and broken wedding vows.  

The thing that really hits me, is in my own life I know of at least one girl that fits the above scenarios that occur in the song. I feel as girls we always think we can be better; we can be prettier, skinner, smarter and the list goes on. What our society defines as valuable is our appearance, so we assume that we have to be attractive in every instance when we are out in public. We feel we must be the skinniest so that guys will find us attractive. When we don’t have a guy in our lives we doubt ourselves and think something is wrong with us when in actuality nothing is wrong. I mentioned this in a previous post but at my age everyone around me is married, getting married or having babies. This creates a thought that girls that are my age and not married are not on track in their lives, when in reality we are all on different paths than one another. I really like this song because it truly does speak to the ideas that although we have different doubts and concerns about ourselves we are more similar that we think we are. We really need to stick together to build each other up.
 
                If you would like to listen to this beautiful song it is listed below. If you chose to listen to it really listen to the lyrics and think about them. I feel like every girl really can relate to the lyrics in some form or another. What do you think about the song? I think it is beautiful, let me know your opinions lovely readers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...