Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday’s Favorite F Word- Falter

In our lives there always seems to be times when we experience something that makes us stop for a second and falter. We are trapped in a sudden panic of what to do and we may fall down for an instance and remain on the floor for a little while we are stunned from the brick wall we just hit. This can occur for anything in life such as relationships, friendships, and school/ work performance. The question then, always seems to be, how we are supposed to get up without any help.

As children we are very prone to getting right back up when we are knocked down and showing how tough we are however, as we grow up we tend to fall into patterns of behavior where this is no longer the case specifically during adolescence and young adulthood. As young adults we often see falling down and faltering as a sign of weakness and failure in our lives. We often define ourselves based upon our failures and we often walk alone in our struggles and always seem to falter alone without the aid of others.

As a nursing student I falter thorough my journey to become a nurse, there are constant stressors and new learning experiences and sometimes I even become my own worst enemy! When I am experiencing this I turn to meditation and my faith.  Meditation is an amazing way to center yourself and feel peace with the world. In fact, on one of my medication CD’s, one of the guided imagery voices states, “When we pray we are talking to G-d, but when we are meditating we are listening to G-d. How fitting that I then both talk and listen to G-d in order to pick myself up when I have fallen due to a faltering experience. Meditation CD’s are phenomenal especially if lead by Deepak Chopra.

Prayer is also a very important part of my life, I pray by saying silent prayers directed from my heart to G-d when I am struggling as well as by listening to the prayers sung by Debbie Friedman. I love all of these prayers in general however two in particular help me in times of troubles and despair, they include: Mi Chamocha, Mi Shebeirach. Each one of these songs is part of the Shabbat service and each has a beautiful message. They are about freedom and healing all those that need healing of mind, body, and spirit. Each one of these prayers as well as many others holds a special part in my life and allows me to pick myself up after I falter from a difficult situation in my life.

If you would like to listen to these beautiful prayers I have provided the videos below.

                                                                   Mi Chamocha
 
                                                                    Mi Shebeirach

I am so excited to be once again co-hosting Friday’s Favorite F Words with the lovely Lauren. Be sure to check out her blog to see her opinion on the word. If you would also like to join this discussion feel free to join the link up by adding your link below.  
 
 
The Best F Words


4 comments:

  1. I love Deepak! I actually saw him speak once and I was just floored by his wisdom… he's a very smart man.

    I love learning more about your faith - those songs are beautiful. This makes me want to visit a synagogue for Shabbat but I think the closest one is like 45 minutes away. Are visitors allowed to join services?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that is so cool!! I would love to hear him speak! Thanks I am glad you enjoyed it, there is something about praying in Hebrew that really heals the soul.

      Of course you would be able to come to a service! I am part of a Reform synagogue and anyone is welcome who is interested in learning about the service and observing. Check out Reform synagogues in your area and you will be more than welcome to the service. In fact one of my family members is part of one of the Reform synagogues up in Salt Lake! :)

      Delete
  2. That's so true..as we age we seem to have trouble bouncing back up! I think it's important to make sure we have some kind of peace in our lives like meditation or prayer to center us back in the world. I really love meditation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! We need to find some balance to avoid going crazy at times lol!!

      Delete

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...