Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pay Positivity Forward

I am currently extremely stressed out amongst the final weeks of the second semester of nursing school. There are two weeks left and in those two weeks I have a total of 3 exams, 1 presentation, 1 quiz, 2 more clinical experiences and of course 3 finals. It is a lot in a two week period and it is easy to say I am extremely stressed. Today I went out to take a study break and I come to my car and see a nice big scratch on it. Upsetting of course however the thing that bothers me the most is not the scratch itself but what the scratch represents. It represents disrespect and a lack of concern for others. Anybody who deliberately intends to destroy another person’s property completely baffles me why is there such disrespect? Why would someone go out of their way to do harm? Despite this setback I did not let it get me and decided that my focus should still be on my studies and the next couple of weeks.

I decided to take myself to lunch and turn my negative experience to a positive one, before I went to lunch I stopped by a mattress store to test out some mattresses to update my 20 some year old one. The sales person that helped me out was phenomenal and I now have a better understanding what I want when I am ready to buy. I then went over to lunch at Islands and I was deep in my studies and my waiter was great as well. I then decided that I wanted to pay my positivity forward and left a pretty generous tip, and walking out of the restaurant I held the door open for an older couple. Although both these things were not significantly extreme it helps to make these individuals’ days a little bit brighter and happier and that is extremely important. Try each and every day to turn negatives into positives and pay the positivity and kindness to others no matter how small the task may be. Have a wonderful day lovely readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...