Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Week in the Life of a Nursing Student

I wanted to share a little bit about how my week plays out as a nursing student. I am fortunate in the fact that I have more time off this semester than I did last semester however I am crazy busy all the time. Looking back to my undergrad years I always had time “after homework” however in nursing school that does not exist. My school is an accelerated program so we are constantly on the go and learning new things. Each class has homework of at least 5 chapters each week to prepare for the lecture that week in addition to a variety of projects and papers spread intermittently throughout the semester. Additionally there is always at least one quiz during the week and we have times where there are marathon tests. I currently am at the tail end of one of those marathon test periods. I have already taken 3 tests in the past 3 weeks and I have two more coming up!

Every day is a study day for me, here is a little glimpse into my life as a nursing student.

Monday- My catch up day, meaning 12 plus hours dedicated to studying and reading.

Tuesday- My morning is dedicated to studying then in the afternoon and evening I have 7 hours of lecture.

Wednesday-My morning is filled with 3 hours of lecture followed by about 3 hours of lab and then 2 hours of another class.

Thursday- This is one of my clinical days where I get to put the skills I have learned to practice.

Friday- Another “rest” day! Again dedicated to catching up on readings and studying so another 12 hours.     

Saturday- Clinical day! I just like on Thursday get to put my skills to practice and help all sorts of individuals in the hospital setting. This is a 12 hour work day.

Sunday- Time to rest- aka study all day! 12 hours

Then repeat!

Although it may seem incredibly intense which it is, I absolutely love it and would not trade it for anything. Of course throughout my day I find time to eat, sleep, worship, and hang out with friends. One thing that is so important is to find a balance in your life. This is not only applied to nursing school but just in general to achieve a happy and healthy life.


Have a wonderful week lovely readers!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...