Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Be the Change That You Would Like to See in the World

     By the very nature of my blogs mission statement located above it is apparent that my goal is to help others no matter how small the task is. I try to accomplish this on a daily basis by doing small things such as holding the door open for others, helping out someone pick up something they have dropped, or simply trying to brighten up someone’s day. No matter the task I enjoy doing it because seeing others happy makes me happy to have positively influenced their lives.  If you are a “follower” of my blog, many of you may remember that a couple months ago, I lost an amazing job opportunity due to circumstances that were out of my control. I wrote about it here and at the time I did not understand why it occurred however so much more came from this loss.

      I have always wanted to “make my mark” somehow in our world, don’t get me wrong this does not include fame and fortune but just somehow touching the lives of others. I recently discovered that I have made a small mark by changing a state policy which now allows individuals a smoother transition when seeking licensure in this particular state. If you told me five years ago I would have changed a state policy I would have told you that you were crazy, however this is my reality. Although I was not personally able to start a job in this state, I now know that others in my position have an easier time when they seek licensure and have jobs on the line. My story just goes to show you have no idea what kind of an impact that you can make on the world. If you see something you would like to change feel free to try to do something to change it to be even better than it already is. With this small change I can only imagine what I can accomplish in the future but I am excited to find out! No matter how small something may seem it can make a lasting impact on our world and lives as we know it.

One song that personifies my values of helping and making a lasting and positive mark on our world is  “I Was Here” sung by Kristin Chenoweth. I hope you enjoy the song.
 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. Thats why I need your shining brilliant light by me always! you are spectacular. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...