Sunday, July 7, 2013

One Step Closer

Although it seems the summer has just started I am extremely excited for nursing school to start in August. It is hard to believe that Welcome Week starts in only 30 days and school officially starts in 42 days. About a year and a half ago I began this journey to accomplish my dream to become a nurse  when I began taking my prerequisite courses. Even now as I prepare to start school I still feel a sense of nostalgia that it is actually happing. I never thought that I would get the opportunity to go to such an excellent school especially as an early admit student. I know the next year is going to be one of the most intensive years of my life academically, physically and I bet even emotionally however no matter what challenges I am going to face up ahead I know that I can accomplish anything. I was even so excited about school that I already bought 6 books out of my required 14 books. Intensive much?
  I am ready to start the next step of my journey to accomplish my goal; finally I am one step closer. It took me awhile to get to this place as I originally went to UCLA and obtained a Psychology degree however upon graduation I knew in my heart that psychology was not for me. I really wanted to help others in a more direct and in my opinion influential way.

Never give up on your dreams no matter how hard they seem. Whether it is something related to school, a career, or a relationship, you have to remember that you may not be in the place you want to be right at this moment but you WILL get there as long as you never give up. I never thought I would be at this place a year and a half ago and I now am going to accomplish my goal. Your dream may come quick for you, or it may be long set into the future however through determination, hard work, and baby steps you will accomplish all you set out to do. Remember each and every day you are one step closer to your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imperfectly Perfect- A Love Story

           Once upon a time, well about 10 years ago to be exact a lonely girl was searching for something or someone to connect to. She di...